RedStone Logistics is a Third Party-Logistics company that specializes in helping companies streamline, manage, and optimize their supply chain. We believe our clients should focus on what they do best, while we help them create value and satisfy their customers through efficient supply chain optimization.
At RedStone Logistics, we seek individuals looking to join a rapidly growing company where their voice can be heard and the job you do has an impact. By joining our team, you gain the opportunity to work with highly experienced individuals from diverse backgrounds, in an environment where you’re expected to voice your ideas, be creative, and be ready to learn and grow in this position.
Job Summary (Logistics Coordinator):
We are looking for a self-starting, passionate, analytical individual to join our team immediately. As a Logistics Coordinator, you will have the opportunity to learn about multiple businesses in several industries as you help the RedStone team assess their current supply chain activities, review and evaluate data, processes, and key metrics. In this position, you will gain exposure to procurement practices, carrier pricing methodologies, industry tools and standards, as well as other value-added responsibilities. No two clients are the same, and thus every day will present different challenges requiring this candidate to develop unique and creative solutions backed up by data and information. This position will work out of the Overland Park, KS office.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Solicit new truckload carriers to support growth for contractual /repeatable business
- Identify opportunities for additional truckload services growth in existing customer networks.
- Qualify, select, and negotiate with carriers to establish contractual rates and capacity commitments to support the client base requirements
- Manage carrier relationships to improve service and cost performance as required.
- Support pre-sales process with truckload market knowledge to acquire new clients.
- Support analytics for continuous improvement projects for existing clients
- Support new client implementation analytics as required
- Participate in internal continuous improvement projects
- Promote the need for and ensure a safe environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associates degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience in related area
- Self-starter, agile learner, with the ability to adapt to a wide variety of challenges
- Effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Microsoft Excel experience